NSG TEC™ is a group of products, including a comprehensive range of TCO glass (Transparent Conductive Oxide coated glass), optimised to suit a variety of thin film photovoltaics, with different haze and conductivity levels. All our NSG TEC™ products are manufactured using a patented chemical vapour deposition process to produce a durable, on-line pyrolytic coating that may be heat strengthened or fully tempered, providing complete flexibility for photovoltaic module production.
The NSG TEC™ Range is targeted at thin film photovoltaic technology such as Perovskite PV, cadmium telluride and dye-sensitized solar call (DSSC) technologies.
Properties such as light transmittance, conductivity (sheet resistance), graded refractive indices (in conjunction with the thin film material) and light scattering (haze) can be optimized to meet individual customer requirements.
The NSG TEC™ range of coated glass is based on fluorine-doped tin oxide (FTO) and, therefore, free of potentially expensive indium-based materials.
NSG TEC™ for solar applications offers following benefits:
- high light transmittance, medium to high conductivity, low to high haze properties,
- TCO glass to suit all thin film photovoltaics,
- coating properties are resistant to heat (i.e. unaffected by very high processing temperature),
- can be fully tempered/toughened or heat strengthened without damage to the coating or drop in performance,
- durable on-line pyrolitic coating, making the product easy to transport, store, handle and process, reducing costs and lead times,
- available on standard clear or low-iron glass, depending on the coating type,
- sodium blocking performance,
- virtually unlimited shelf-life,
- available in a wide range of thicknesses, from 1.6 mm to 6 mm.
NSG TEC™ Product Range
The NSG TEC™ products have a range of haze and sheet resistances that enables them to meet the needs of most thin film photovoltaic technologies, such as perovskite, cadmium telluride and dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSC). They are available in both standard Clear and low iron glass substrates.
Higher haze values are desirable for thin film technologies which benefit from light scattering or graded indices to maximise light absorption. Alternatively, other thin film photovoltaics like CdTe, offer good light absorption and do not benefit from a light scattering TCO glass. A smooth TCO glass with a low haze value will be required for those thin film technologies. All of our NSG TEC™ products includes a sodium barrier layer which gives the product stability throughout the thin film photovoltaics manufacturing process and throughout the lifetime of the solar module.
NSG TEC™ Sodium Block may be used for CIS/CIGS applications. It includes a sodium barrier layer, which offers manufacturers improved product stability and increased process throughput. The sodium barrier layer offers improved product shelf-life and durability.
The properties of our main NSG TEC™ products are summarised in the table below:
|NSG TEC™ 7
|NSG TEC™ 7 Low Haze
|NSG TEC™ 8
|NSG TEC™ 10
|NSG TEC™ 15
|NSG TEC™ Sodium Block