Pilkington EverGreen™ and Pilkington Emerald Green™ establish new standards of quality, aesthetics and performance for green body-tinted glass. These products offer solar control characteristics and high selectivity, in two different shades of green.
- Pilkington EverGreen™ provides high light transmittance when compared to other tinted float glasses whilst still providing solar control, resulting in a high selective glass.
- Pilkington Emerald Green™ provides comparatively lower light transmittance, resulting in a glass with a good selectivity index.
The solar control properties and colour densities of both products vary with each thickness, so that glass with properties appropriate to a particular application can be chosen.
Pilkington EverGreen™ and Pilkington Emerald Green™ are ideally suited to both hot and cold climates. These products absorb much of the sun’s heat and UV rays while still letting through a substantial level of daylight.
Where a safety glass is required, they can be specified as toughened or laminated glass. They are ideal for any applications whether commercial or domestic, where an uncoated solar control glass in a refreshing soft green colour is required.
To achieve additional thermal insulation, the products have to be combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass.
Pilkington EverGreen™ and Pilkington Emerald Green™ offer wide range of benefits:
- improved solar control performance compared to traditional tinted float glass, preventing heat entering the building and therefore reducing the need for air-conditioning,
- solar control performance and colour density vary with each thickness,
- refreshing soft green colours, offering a crisp, clean view of the outside,
- high daylight transmittance compared with other tinted glasses, reducing the need for artificial lighting,
- low internal and external reflection,
- low UV transmittance,
- additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass,
- can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units,
- Pilkington EverGreen™ is available in 6 mm thickness / Pilkington Emerald Green™ is available in 5 mm and 6 mm thicknesses.