Pilkington Arctic Blue™ is a high performance body-tinted float glass in a unique blue colour, that offers solar control performance without the use of surface coating. Its solar control properties and colour density vary with each thickness so that glass with properties appropriate to a particular application can be chosen.
The cool blue glass creates a comfortable interior without sacrificing natural light.
For optimum solar and thermal performance, combine Pilkington Arctic Blue™ with a low-emissivity glass in an Insulating Glass Unit.
Pilkington Arctic Blue™ is available in 4 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm and 10 mm thicknesses offering increased strength and intensity of colour.
Pilkington Arctic Blue™ is ideally suited to both hot and cold climates. It can be specified as toughened or laminated glass, and is therefore ideal for any applications whether commercial or domestic, where unique aesthetics or innovative design is desired.
Pilkington Arctic Blue™ offers wide range of benefits:
- improved solar performance compared to traditional tinted float glass, preventing heat entering the building and therefore reducing the need for air-conditioning,
- solar control performance and colour density vary with the thickness,
- cool and distinctive rich blue colour, offering possibility for unique aesthetics and innovative design,
- high visibility properties providing a crisp, undistorted, natural view from the interior,
- high daylight transmittance when compared to other tinted glasses, reducing the need for artificial lighting,
- low internal and external reflection,
- low UV transmittance,
- additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass,
- can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- available with Pilkington Activ™ coating for self-cleaning.