Pilkington Activ SunShade™ - overview
Pilkington Activ SunShade™ is a self-cleaning and medium performance solar control dual coated glass:
- surface #1 on-line self-cleaning coating with photocatalytic and hydrophilic properties,
- surface #2 off-line solar control coating, with medium light transmittance and high light reflectance.
Pilkington Activ SunShade™ combines dual action, self-cleaning properties with medium solar control performance and an aesthetically pleasing appearance to reduce the amount of direct sunlight that penetrates into a building. Available in both Blue and Neutral colours it creates a cool and comfortable environment all year round.
Specially designed for conservatories and large glazed areas, Pilkington Activ SunShade™ is perfect for use in both the roof and verticals. It uses daylight and rainwater to break down and wash away organic dirt from exterior surfaces, making it ideal for hard-to-clean areas. Typically the Blue is used in the roof and the Neutral in the verticals of a conservatory giving you a year-round clearer view of your garden. Its unique solar control coating also helps keep internal temperatures cool whilst still maintaining excellent light transmittance.
For optimum self-cleaning and thermal performance, Pilkington Activ SunShade™
can be combined with Pilkington K Glass™
, Pilkington Energy Advantage™
or Pilkington Optitherm™
in an insulating glass unit.
Pilkington Activ SunShade™ offers following benefits:
- self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety,
- additional medium solar control performance properties combined with good light transmission, reducing solar heat entering the building, enhancing comfort and reducing the need for cooling the building,
- attractive aesthetics and optimum performance,
- reduces cleaning and maintenance costs and gives windows a better appearance for longer,
- Pilkington Activ™ coating lasts the lifetime of the glass and works even on cloudy days and during the night,
- easily cleaned during dry spells by hosing down,
- ideal for use in the walls and roof of conservatories,
- durable, single stock, toughenable on- and off-line coated glass, easy to handle and process; can be cut, laminated, toughened, heat-strengthened, bent and made into IGUs using standard processing techniques ensuring speedy delivery,
- colour match whether toughened or annealed,
- has to be incorporated into insulating glass units (self-cleaning coating on surface #1 / solar control coating on surface #2),
- can be combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass such as Pilkington K Glass™,
Pilkington Energy Advantage™ or Pilkington Optitherm™ for additional thermal insulation properties,
- available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses (4 and 6 mm),
- achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification.