A versatile range of glass which offers multiple benefits
The Pilkington Activ™ Range includes products which benefit from both self-cleaning and solar control properties helping to create an environment that can be used all year round.
The range comprises:
Pilkington Activ™ Clear: clear float glass with self-cleaning properties
Pilkington Activ™ Bronze: bronze body tinted float glass with self-cleaning and solar control properties
Pilkington Activ™ Blue: blue body tinted float glass with self-cleaning and medium solar control properties
Pilkington Activ SunShade™ Neutral: clear float glass with neutral coating offering self-cleaning and medium solar control properties
Pilkington Activ SunShade™ Blue: blue body tinted float glass with self-cleaning and high solar control properties
Pilkington Activ Suncool™: high performance solar control glass with self-cleaning properties
|| Product and combination
|| Pilkington Activ™ monolithic, single-coated, used as single or in insulating glass units.
| Plus solar control
|| Pilkington Activ Suncool™ monolithic, dual-coated, used in insulating glass units.
| Plus safety
|| Pilkington Activ Optilam™ laminated safety glass, coated, used as single or in insulating glass units.
| Plus noise control
|| Pilkington Activ Optiphon™ sound insulating laminated safety glass, coated, used as single or in insulating glass units.
| Plus thermal insulation
|| Pilkington Activ Optitherm™ monolithic, dual-coated, used in insulating glass units.
Apart from the above-mentioned combinations, other configurations are possible (e.g. Pilkington Activ Suncool Optilam™).
Furthermore Pilkington Activ™ is available in combination with other products from the Pilkington range in a form of insulating glass units Pilkington Insulight Activ™ to provide additional benefits such as impact resistance or increased security, noise control, thermal insulation, etc.
Pilkington Activ™ range offers following benefits:
- latest technology, exclusive, prestige product Pilkington Activ™ both breaks down organic dirt and helps it to be washed away,
- chemical reaction that uses UV light to break down and detach particles of organic dirt from the glass,
- water spreads evenly over the glass surface to form a thin film, helping to wash dirt away, and drying off quickly,
- windows carry on cleaning themselves, even on cloudy days,
- improved vision while raining, and afterwards,
- windows never need drying - even after hosing down,
- saves time and money - makes Pilkington Activ™ ideal for hard-to-reach glazing such as skylights,
- more friendly to the environment than ordinary glass,
- windows look good for longer,
- Pilkington Activ™ Clear is virtually indistinguishable from ordinary glass.
Technical Update Document
The following document contains flow charts which are designed to provide you with up-to-date information about the technical aspects of Pilkington Activ™. It includes a list of gaskets that have passed NSG Group's compatibility tests and are approved for use with Pilkington Activ™ glass.
Pilkington Activ™ Glass Coating Detector
Pilkington Activ™ glass coating detectors are now available to purchase direct from the supplier, Norcott Instrumentation Limited.