Pilkington Optiphon™ is a high quality acoustic laminated glass that offers excellent noise reduction without compromising on light transmittance or impact performance. The desired acoustic performance can be achieved through combining various thicknesses of glass with a special PVB (polyvinylbutyral) interlayer. With a large variety of product combinations, Pilkington Optiphon™ offers the opportunity to achieve specific noise reduction requirements.
Pilkington Optiphon™ can be combined with other Pilkington products for a multi-functional noise-reduction monolithic glass or a multi-functional noise-reduction Insulating Glass Unit providing additional benefits, such as thermal insulation, solar control or self-cleaning.
Pilkington Optiphon™ is the ideal choice of glass in situations where there is excess noise from road, rail or air traffic, or other sources such as factories or nightclubs.
Insulating building interiors against noise has now become a major design criterion, due to the rapid increase in road and air traffic and the development of the urban motorways.
These and other sources of noise such as railways, discos and neighbours can cause people to experience inconvenience, annoyance, stress and even diagnosable illness. Glazing and windows can play an important part in reducing this noise. It can also provide privacy in applications such as offices, lecture theatres or hospitals.
Pilkington Optiphon™ offers following benefits:
- suitable for internal and external applications,
- can be single glazed or incorporated in an Insulating Glass Unit such as Pilkington Insulight™ Phon for increased sound insulation,
- provides a range of noise control levels,
- can be combined with other products in the Pilkington range to achieve other benefits,
- safety glass to meet all the impact safety requirements of EN 12600,
- improves the living and working environment,
- available in clear or decorative finishes,
- available in many standard thicknesses: 6,8 mm, 8,8 mm, 9,1 mm, 10,8 mm, 12,8 mm, 13,1 mm.
- bespoke products can be designed to individual requirements,
- a thin and lightweight solution to noise problems.