Heated windows made of heated insualting glass units powered by NSG TEC™
NSG Group is continuously working on the further development of sustainable glass products. Glass has endless possibilities. Developments are rapid; electronic components that are incorporated within insulating glass with which you can regulate, for example, light and solar ingress, can now include Pilkington Insulight™ HeatComfort that functions as a heating element.
The Pilkington HeatComfort products use the Group’s special NSG TEC™ coating with a palette that includes a variety of different electrically conductive coatings that offer different sheet resistances. This range allows the use of NSG TEC™ in all kinds of applications where an electrically conductive coating is needed – including several heating glass applications. By applying a voltage to the NSG TEC™ coating, the glass heats up, so when incorporated into an insulating glass unit, the heat flow can be directed into the living space. Powered by NSG TEC™ insulating glass units such as Pilkington Insulight™ HeatComfort, now become a heating element in addition to its the well-known properties.
Product features and benefits:
- the technology can be used in practically every type of insulating glass, such as HR++ and triple,
- where space has to be used efficiently and where there is no room for a radiator and pipes, Pilkington Insulight™ HeatComfort can be used,
- practically no maintenance,
- very suitable for home automation systems (electricity is easy to regulate),
- can also only be used in some parts of the house, e.g., upper floors (no need to lay pipes there).
- Suitable for use in partition walls.
- Suitable for conservatories/extension (increase in living comfort because in cold periods you can sit close to the window and experience heat when the sun is shining).
- Suitable for renovations of old buildings where there are no pipes yet.
- Fits in sustainable concepts (no fossil fuels).
- Fits into the “Tiny House” concept.
- Fits in with alternative solutions for the transition from fossil fuels to sustainable energy sources.
The product is currently being further optimised. Pilkington Insulight™ HeatComfort is planned to be launched in the course of 2022. For more information, please contact one of our sales offices.